10 DIY Tips for SEO
Here are ten basic SEO tips included in the search engine optimisation tutorial you might consider doing yourself to get better search rankings and increased site traffic:
- DIY SEO Tip 1 – Select the right keywords – use a keyword search engine
- DIY SEO Tip 2 – Select the right domain name
- DIY SEO Tip 3 – Use keywords in file names and folders
- DIY SEO Tip 4 – Use your keywords in your page titles
- DIY SEO Tip 5 – Use keyword text in your navigation
- DIY SEO Tip 6 – Create useful keyword content – repeat often
- DIY SEO Tip 7 – Make keywords part of your META Description
- DIY SEO Tip 8 – Secure high quality incoming links
- DIY SEO Tip 9 – Use keyword text (not “click here”) in your links
- DIY SEO Tip 10 – Create a site map
While there are other techniques an ethical SEO professional will use to boost your rankings, these 10 DIY SEO tips will get you on the right track, even with a severely limited budget. If your keywords are highly competitive, you may not ever be able to rank in the top 10 search results, but you will move up in the rankings and you should find traffic to your site on the rise.
Patience and Persistence are key to SEO
Keep in mind that SEO takes time. Make it a practice to keep these SEO tips in mind whenever you update your website, go through a redesign, or plan a new site. Also, keyword popularity and competitiveness changes over time, so revisit your targeted keywords periodically to see if they still draw traffic.